Jun 18, 2013

Blood, Sweat, And The Occasional Tear

During my Senior year of high school everything was pretty much crazy; writing correlating papers, out of school activities, I mean the amount of work I doing was absolutely ridiculous. During that year, I was not active, besides being piled in school papers and staying up late so my homework was done before first period the next day. All the work I was doing and trying to follow due date schedules really stressed me out and when I'm stressed I eat. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Summer started and when I went to pull out all of my cute shorts and summer outfits... they didn't fit. I was absolutely mortified to the point where I started crying. From that point on, I told myself things are gonna have to start changing or else. Well that's what I did.

I got a membership at my local gym and at the beginning of summer started working out 5-6 days a week from anywhere to 2-4 hours a day. Its been almost a month and let me tell you... it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

I realized that if I wanted to get anywhere, the bad food has got to go. I love love love Italian food and found myself eating carb loaded foods the majority of the week. Different pastas and breads I totally eliminated from my list of foods to eat. Secondly, I eliminated all fluids except water and milk. Thirdly, I started eating small meals in 4 hour increments, so I am always full and I don't go all crazy on the amount of food I'm eating. When it comes to what I eat, I stick to alot of salads, chicken, fruits, and some veggies (I'm no sort of veggie person what so ever). I also eat a lot and I mean A LOT of sandwiches.

Going to the gym and pushing myself has definitely been a struggle. It gets tiring going to the gym everyday for a long extended time. Almost everyday I get up and I am all kinds of worn out and tired, I mean this stuff takes a toll out on you, but for the better. Also you learn to love the feeling of sore muscles. I don't know how to explain it to you, but waking up the next day and feeling something that shows proof that you're working your butt off  is worth everything you're doing.

I will be posting a part two to this post with a little bit more insight and I will keep on posting here and there some exercising tips that I learn along my journey of a fit lifestyle, cause I am right where you are... slightly clueless on this whole thing called exercise.

                                                                                                                                     -Y-

No comments:

Post a Comment